The Novarad COVID-19 AI Diagnostic Assistant enables clinicians to quickly identify COVID-19 patients so they can be isolated and treated. The Diagnostic Assistant analyzes a chest CT scan with a sophisticated artificial intelligence algorithm to produce a highly accurate and sensitive report - in seconds. The report also provides invaluable information on the extent of lung involvement.
Novarad is making the NovaradAI COVID-19 Diagnostic Assistant available worldwide, free of charge.
Novarad's COVID-19 Diagnostic Assistant rapidly identifies disease in the lungs consistent with COVID-19, but this image analysis is intended to be used only as an aid and to help expedite a diagnosis. Diseases such as other viral and bacterial pneumonia, vasculitis, and other pneumonitis can also exhibit similar findings on a CT scan.
The Diagnostic Assistant may identify morbidity associated with these other diseases and flag them as being consistent with COVID-19 . The final interpretation should only be performed by a licensed physician and utilize other tests as currently prescribed.
How the Diagnostic Assistant Works
The report is accessed through a printable QR code that is generated when the CT scan is routed. The code is printed to a selected network printer and can be presented to both patients and other clinicians.
The client can be downloaded to run on most any machine on the same network as a PACS or DICOM compliant CT Scanner. The studies are routed from either the modality or the PACS directly to the COVID-19 AI Client for processing.
No PHI is stored in the cloud. The COVID-19 AI Diagnostic Assistant runs in a secure cloud environment, and all studies are anonymized prior to being uploaded for analysis.
In order to download and successfully install the Diagnostic Assistant, your machine must meet the following conditions:
- 2 GB of free space on the receiving drive;
- Be on a Microsoft-supported operating system;
- Be on the same network as your PACS or CT modality;
- Have either a static IP address or a dynamic IP address with a reservation;
- Administrator access on the receiving machine so the Windows firewall can be configured for you;
- For additional firewalls, have the following ports open:
- Port 104 must be open to accept TCP inbound connections.
- Port 443 must be open to allow https outbound connections.
- The installer comes in the form of a signed .exe file; you may need to accept it as safe in your anti-virus.
- Do not have Novarad software already installed on your machine or install of the Diagnostic Assistant will fail.
If you would like to test the Diagnostic Assistant once installed, you can download a sample CT scan at the button below.
Algorithm runs against five separate models created from 42 patients, 40+ medical centers in 4 countries
Sensitivity: 0.99, specificity for normal lungs: 0.92
Accuracy vs normal lungs: 0.97
Specificity against other infections/pneumonias: .58
Accuracy vs pathological lungs: 0.86
COVID training scans: 142
Total training scans: 317 (155 with IV contrast)
Total training images: 31,424
Funding for this solution was provided in part by Intel’s Pandemic Response Technology Initiative. Intel is committed to accelerating access to technology that can combat the current pandemic and enable scientific discovery that better prepares our world for future crises. For more information about healthcare solutions from Intel, visit intel.com/healthcare. For more information about Intel’s COVID-19 response, visit intel.com/COVID-19.