- Brent Felix, MD, Seyed Babak Kalantar, MD, Bradley Moatz, MD, et al. Augmented reality spine surgery navigation: Increasing pedicle screw accuracy for both open and minimally invasive spine surgeries. SPINE Volume 47, Number 12, pp 865-872. 2022.
Michael E. Ivan, MD, MBS; Daniel G. Eichberg, MD; Long Di, BS; Ashish H. Shah, MD; Evan M. Luther, MD; Victor M. Lu, MD, PhD; Ricardo J. Komotar, MD; and Timur M. Urakov, MD. Augmented reality head-mounted display–based incision planning in cranial neurosurgery: a prospective pilot study. Neurosurgical Focus. 51 (2): E3, 2021.
- Wendell Gibby, MD, Steve Cvetko, PhD, Andrew Gibby, MD, et al. The application of augmented reality-based navigation for accurate target acquisition of deep brain site: advances in neurosurgical guidance. J Neurosurgery. Published online Dec 17, 2021; DOI: 10.3171/2021.9.JNS21510.
- Gibby JT, Swenson SA, Cvetko ST, Rao R, Javan R. Head-Mounted Display Augmented Reality Using 3D Computerized Tomography to Simulate Pedicle Screw Placement. Submitted March 2018 to International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. Published June 2018.
- Gibby JT, Cvetko ST, Javan R, Parr R, Gibby WA. Use of Augmented Reality for Image-Guided Spine Procedures. European Spine Journal. Published June 2020.
Presentations, Abstracts, and/or Posters
Gibby J, Parr R. The Use of Augmented Reality and a “Virtual Needle” for Lumbar Puncture. North American Spine Society. Oral Presentation was given on Sept. 25, 2019.
Sarani B, Gibby J. Novel Use of Augmented Reality for Surgical Stabilization of Rib Fractures. Chest Wall Injury Society. Oral Presentation was given March 28-30, 2019.
Gibby J, Swenson S, Cvetko S, Javan R, Gibby W. Head-mounted display augmented reality for image-guided procedures of the spine. Radiologic Society of North America. Oral Presentation was given on November 28, 2018.
Gibby JT, Swenson SA, Cvetko ST, Rao R, Javan R. Accuracy of Spinal Pedicle Localization Utilizing Holographic Augmented Reality Guidance. American Roentgen Ray Society. The oral presentation was given on April 27, 2018.
Swenson SA, Gibby JT, Cvetko S, Rao R, Javan R. Surgical Simulation of Lumbar Pedicle Screw Placement Using Novel Holographic Technology. Orthopedic Research Society. The poster presentation was given on March 12, 2018.
Gibby JT, Swenson SA, Cvetko ST, Rao R, Javan R. Wearable Augmented Reality Goggles Using 3D Computerized Tomography to Simulate Pedicle Screw Placement. George Washington University Research Days. The poster presentation was given on April 11, 2018.
Gibby JT, Gibby WA, Cvetko ST, Javan R. Augmented reality imaging as an adjunct for localization of small lesions using Laryngoscopy on a 3D printed model of the neck. American Society of Neuroradiology. The oral presentation was given on April 27, 2017.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons 2021
- VisAR Augmented Reality Surgical Navigation and Advanced Minimally Invasive Pedicle Screw Navigation: A Pilot Study
- VisAR Augmented Reality Surgical Navigation and Guidance for Improved Positioning of Pedicle Screws During Open Back Surgery
- Augmented Reality Surgical Navigation for Procurement of Deep Brain Sites