Planning to attend the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2019 meeting on December 1-6 at McCormick Place in Chicago? Novarad has the scoop on getting the most out of this event.
What to expect at RSNA 2019
The RSNA annual meeting gives radiology professionals opportunities to learn about new technologies, gain CME, and meet industry peers from around the globe.
This year offers an expanded AI Showcase and the 3D Printing and Advanced Visualization Showcase, as well as a new Innovation Theater and the Radiology Safety Zone. Over 50 startups will attend under the NVIDIA Inception virtual accelerator program.
At the Novarad booth, you’ll be able to try Microsoft’s brand new HoloLens 2 with the latest version of our FDA-cleared augmented reality surgical planning solution, OpenSight. Don’t miss this chance to get your hands on some of the most cutting-edge technology in healthcare and in augmented reality.
General conference tips
RSNA 2019 is a big event! Here’s how to stay focused and organized.
- Set goals and create a strategy for completing them at the event.
- Familiarize yourself with the venue map and exhibitor list beforehand.
- Note your must-see exhibitors to avoid browsing aimlessly.
- Choose sessions carefully, giving yourself time for everything you want to accomplish, including in-between, buffer time.
- Plan for after-hours, whether that’s making reservations for a group dinner or sneaking away to decompress alone.
- Pack for a Chicago winter—hats, scarves, gloves, and shoes that can get wet are absolute must-haves!
Take advantage of the Chicago location
RSNA is exciting and a little exhausting. Fortunately, Chicago has plenty to do after the conference. Some of our favorite options include:
- ZooLights at the Lincoln Park Zoo
- Broadway in Chicago
- Adler After Dark at the Adler Planetarium
- Wendella sightseeing boats
- Chicago Trolley tours
Stumped for ideas? Stop by the Chicago concierge desk in the Grand Concourse, Level 3, for entertainment and dining recommendations.
Visit the Novarad booth!
For RSNA 2019, Novarad will be at booth #6110, so be sure to stop by and talk to Novarad President Paul Jensen. There, you can learn more about how we’re working to bring enterprise imaging into the future and help radiology lead the way in solving imaging challenges and improving patient care.